- All 26 rooms are airconditioned and well furnished with a bed, satellite tv, telephone, refrigerator, tea/coffee making facilities/amenities, and private bathroom/toilet with hot and cold water shower with shower amenities
- The five recently completed airconditioned de luxe rooms are the most comfortable and well furnished, overlooking the restaurant and bar area giving you more privacy and seclusion from the rest of the rooms. Three rooms offer both hot and cold water shower and bath tubs, and are the most comfortable at Utirerei
- Paid Wifi is available in the rooms and in all the areas of Utirerei with good reception
- Airconditioned conference facilities are available for conference, workshop and meetings and are well equipped with overhead projector and screen, and white board
- Airconditioned banquet facilities are also available for private luncheons, dinner, receptions and other special functions
- Restaurant & Bar
- Free car parking for Utirerei arranged rental cars, and charged car park for privately arranged rental cars
- Printer/Scanner/Photocopier paid services available at the Front Desk
- Mobile phone reception
- Convenient onsite grocery shop offers mobile recharge top ups
- Arrival/departure point transfers (included)
- Arrangement of car rental services
- Arrangement of English speaking chauffeur
- Shuttle service around the island
- EFTPOS available at the reception
- World War II tour guiding as well as cultural and environmental tours
- Catering service for onsite/offsite conferences, workshop trainings and meetings
- Regular housekeeping service (Monday to Sunday) with laundry/ironing service
- Paid room service
- 24-hour security guard
- Standby generator in the event of power outage
Utirerei (pronounced Oosireray) Motel is a family owned business established by Mrs Taam Kaiteie. Initially the business started its operations as a small rental home with 3 rooms, later expanding to become a guest house until it has now fully developed into a motel with 26 rooms.
Since the commencement of the Kiribati Goverment's Ministry of Commerce business awards programme for accommodation providers in 2012 to give recognition to the best business in Kiribati, Utirerei Motel has proudly taken the prize year after year since 2012 - 2016 for best accomodation provider in Kiribati.
Most of the staff employed at the Front Desk, restaurant and bar, kitchen and housekeeping have gained international experience having been employed on the Norwegian cruise ships and/or have professional hospitality training at the APTC (Australian Pacific Technical Centre) in Fiji.
The staff have good English speaking skills, is honest and friendly, confident, knowledgeable and experienced in the hospitality industry. With the expansion in the number of rooms, staffing has also increased with 16 staff altogether working as receptionists, cleaners, gardener, cooks, waitresses, and barmaids.
On February 9-12, 2014 Utirerei Motel hosted Fiji's President, His Excellency Ratu Epeli Nailatikau and First Lady Adi Koila Nailatikau during their Official State Visit to Tarawa, Kiribati.
On October 9-11 2015, Utirerei Motel hosted Prince Albert II of Monaco and his delegation on his recent visit to Tarawa, Kiribati for the Climate Change Induced Migration forum of which His Serene Highness was the Key Speaker.
In July 2016, foreign diplomats representing their Governments, invited to celebrate our national day by the recently elected Government of Kiribati, celebrated on 12th July 2016, were accommodated at Utirerei Motel during the period of their stay in Tarawa, Kiribati.